The 2018 Frankfurt Book Fair is almost here. Gutenberg Technology will be attending the fair this year as a guest. GT has been a guest and exhibitor in past years and the team has put together the top 11 Tips to give to anyone attending in 2018.
Frankfurt Book Fair, Oct 10 - Oct 14, 2018
- Wear comfortable shoes = the fair is massive.
- Study the map of the fair - make a plan based on the amount of time you will be attending.
- Try all the good food trucks in the courtyard, but try to eat early or late if you want to avoid queuing.
- Prepare / do your homework beforehand-during the fair you will not have time.
- With your exhibitor or trade visitor pass, you will have access to public transportation.
- Try not to make back-to-back appointments in different buildings, otherwise you'll run late.
- Bring a phone charger or battery pack + data pack, and there is no free wifi - If you tweet, be sure to use the official Frankfurt Book Fair hashtag #fbm18
- Check the calendar of events
- Leipzig Strasse = great place to go
- Speakeasy in the basement of a hotel
- Book a meeting with Gutenberg Technology
Did you know?
From their website: "Frankfurter Buchmesse has been organized by Frankfurter Buchmesse GmbH since 1949 when 205 German exhibitors met in the Paulskirche in Frankfurt for the first post-war book fair. However, the history of Frankfurter Buchmesse goes back much further - to the 15th century. At that time Johannes Gutenberg invented book printing just a few kilometres from downtown Frankfurt."
If you are interested in speaking about the any of the topics listed below, let's meet at Frankfurt. Here are some discussion points we are keen on having:
- Simultaneous print and digital workflow.
- Create content collaboratively.
- Support multiple outputs (Epub3, HTML5, PDF…)
- Bring a digital-first mindset into your organization.
- Publish and distribute content on all devices.
- Distribute content to a bookshelf.
- The future of education and publishing.